Sunday, November 21, 2010

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SPICE GIRLS?

Watching Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block live on the American Music Awards right now. There is something wrong about 30 something white guys lip synching to each other while gyrating around an elevated stage. Whenever I play them in the future...I'll have that horrible image in my mind.

Something even more wrong....Justin Bieber! I can just imagine the angst among Katy Perry and Lady Gaga who had 8 number one hits among them. This is kind of funny considering I've played music live in front of a couple thousand people this year and haven't played one Justin Bieber song. How can he be the artist of the year? I guess I just don't play tunes for enough 14 year old girls.

We start our busy Christmas season next Saturday at the CFB Esquimalt Wardroom and roll from there. 6 shows and then New Years Eve at the Air Force Base in Comox. I guess this is as close as we will ever get to 'going on the road with the band....'

'til next time.....

No comments: